ASIC Business Development Director, North America
S3 Semiconductors is a division of US headquartered fabless semiconductor company Adesto
Technologies (NASDAQ: IOTS) and delivers integrated circuits to leading OEMs and IDMs operating in
the industrial, communications, medical and consumer markets. We design advanced mixed-signal
chips and manage every aspect of supplying production devices to its customers using some of the
world’s most advanced semiconductor production facilities. With core expertise in analog, mixedsignal
and RF design, plus data converter intellectual property (IP), we create complex custom
integrated circuits (ASICs) quickly, economically and reliably. We manage the complexities of
manufacturing, test and logistics to deliver production chips to our customers. Our chip designers
provide exceptional technical support.
As part of our continuing growth and expansion, we are seeking an exceptional ASIC Business
Development Director for North America who will be responsible for driving the development and
growth of our ASIC business in this key geography. In addition to driving the ASIC sales engagements
with customers the successful candidate will also be expected to drive growth through the market
identification, product definition and promotion of embedded mixed-signal ASIC products. Whilst this
role will primarily require considerable hands on business development and pre-sales activities,
strategic and long term thinking will also be essential. Ideally, the successful candidate will be based
in our Santa Clara, California office.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Strategy, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Driving ASIC engagements and sales in the territory
– Directly support business development and pre-sales activities by working with internal
engineering teams in requirements generation
– Identification, development and validation of market requirements, distilling down to viable
product roadmaps and product definition
– Generation of MRDs and PRDs
– Presenting and gaining acceptance for business case with senior management
– Working with operations to achieve best product economies
– Identify and build relationships with key eco-system partners
– Competitor analysis, and driving actions back into the organisation
– Directly participate in the development of future strategy and direction of the business
– Creation of product marketing content and collateral
– Providing relevant marketing collateral and training to internal and channel business
development and sales teams
– Hands-on proposal generation
– Directly support outbound Marcoms and trade show activities
– Primary degree in a related technical discipline, ideally with significant early career experience
in chip design, applications or electronic system architecture
– Excellent communicator both internally and externally to all levels
– MBA or further business training
– At least 15 years of experience operating in the semiconductor industry, either with
semiconductor companies or design intensive OEMs
– At least 10 years of experience in a product management, product marketing or business
– Demonstrated success at identifying new market opportunities, and personally driving
product success in those markets
– Experience in value based selling to OEM companies, specifically to business and engineering
– Experience in the negotiation of complex contracts for the design and delivery of custom ASICs
– Excellent knowledge of OEM markets, particularly in areas of Industrial Control,
Communications, and Consumer
– Solid domain knowledge of mixed-signal and embedded semiconductors
– Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy
– Willingness and ability to travel frequently, 25% of time, occasionally more, to visit customers,
trade shows and other company locations
S3 Semiconductors Value Proposition:
– You will be a key contributor to supporting the ambitious revenue growth strategy of the BU.
– You will work in a high visibility role, both internally and externally, within a culture that is
dynamic, entrepreneurial and collaborative.
– You will get the opportunity to work with teams of experienced and talented professionals, and
a client base of multinational, blue-chip companies and world leading start-ups.
– You will be part of an organisation involved in the realisation of market leading products which have
the potential to dramatically impact many industries.
– You will receive an attractive competitive salary and benefits package.
– You will have excellent opportunities to travel and for professional development.