Digital IC Design Engineer
Adesto’s ASIC and IP team designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. For more than 30 years, our design teams have built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise. Global end markets served by Adesto’s ASIC and IP clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Reporting to the Group Manager of our Business Unit in the Czech Republic, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key leadership and individual contributor role, in an experienced team undertaking design, verification and implementation of complex analog/digital SoC solutions.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering or a similar discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience with majority of expertise covering the digital portion, of large ICs/system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed digital technical specifications.
- Expertise in complete IC design flows would be an advantage: IC architecture design and modelling; IP evaluation and selection, RTL design, advanced functional verification techniques (UVM), low power design, DfT, physical design, device validation, characterisation and qualification.
- Understanding of the interdependencies between requirements and implementation, embedded software and hardware, ICs and their board level environment.
- Die-size estimation and modelling the trade-offs between functionality and die-size and package selection would be an advantage.
- Experience in evaluating, interfacing to and integrating analog IP would be a major advantage.
- Knowledge on on-chip bus architectures, embedded processors, cache architectures, software and hardware debug support and modelling data flows at the chip level.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English language).
- Travel will be occasionally required, mainly to and from Adesto engineering offices, but also to customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorised to work in the location for which they apply.
Adesto Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.