REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & MARKETING
LOCATION: SANTA CLARA, CA, USA
Adesto Technologies is a leading provider of application-specific semiconductors and embedded systems that comprise the essential building blocks of Internet of Things (IoT) edge devices operating on networks worldwide. Our broad portfolio of semiconductor and embedded technologies are optimized for connected IoT devices used in industrial, consumer, communications and medical applications.
Description: We seek a hands on, impact oriented Product Manager to lead the growth for the Embedded Systems Division of Adesto Technologies. Formed through the recent acquisition of Echelon Corp., the Embedded Systems Division’s IoT platform – consisting of communications modules, edge servers and platform software – is widely used in industrial IoT sectors such as Building Automation, Industrial Controls and Smart Cities. The successful candidate will help drive further growth in these sectors by defining, implementing and managing the life-cycle of products with a focus on GTM initiatives that delight the customer and leap frog the competition.
Responsibilities will Include (but are not Limited to):
– Perform primary and secondary customer and market research that informs the product roadmap and helps prioritize market sectors
– Own go to market and product launch targeted at channel partners and developers/integrators
– Manage product life cycle from product definition to end of life
– Write user stories and requirements for assigned product features/ use cases in JIRA.
– Work closely with sprint teams to provide business context, represent the user in stand-ups, and ensure requirements are met
– Validate that the UI and UX experience match the feature description and work with QA to validate the key test cases
– Train customer support and field engineers on new product positioning, sales propositions, and features
– Gather feedback from customers, support teams and field sales about product features and usability
– Create inputs for product marketing materials including data sheets, customer presentations, and training material that highlight product positioning and key product benefits
– Review and edit customer documentation to ensure documentation is useful and usable and correctly positions the product
– 5 years of Product Development, Project Management, or Product Management experience
– Technical background in wireless, networking, or IOT at a systems level
– Experience guiding engineering to deliver product release on time per customer requirements
– Experience with wireless protocols, security and strong understanding of embedded systems
– Experience with cloud ops and SaaS model is a major plus
– Experience with collaboration and productivity tools such as Jira and Slack is a plus
– Experience working with technical writers to create product documentation and collateral is desired
– Experience with web technologies, java and linux is desired
– Strong project management skills and experience in Agile software development process; Direct project management experience highly desired
BA/BS in relevant field or equivalent experience is required.