Senior Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
Adesto’s ASIC and IP team designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. For more than 30 years, our design teams have built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise. Global end markets served by Adesto’s ASIC and IP clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Reporting to the Group Manager in our Lisbon Office, we are looking for Senior Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineers. The successful candidates will be working within a team of experienced design engineers undertaking system architecture, RF and Analog Design, verification and implementation of complex RF/Analog/Digital SoC solutions. The project tasks may require study, design and layout of analog/mixed-signal blocks. Working in teams of design/layout to successfully design state-of-the art ASICs.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A graduate or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 8 years’ experience in CMOS analog circuit design.
- Expertise in the design of some of the following mixed-signal circuits: ADCs, DACs, PLLs, power management.
- User-experience in complete IC design flows.
- A track record of successful analog design project completion and delivery.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- An ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Short-term travel will be occasionally required.
Experience in the following Areas would be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years’ direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Expertise in complete IC Design Flows would be an advantage: Analog IC Architecture Design and Modelling; IP Evaluation and Selection, Analog/Digital partitioning in mixed-signal systems; high-speed data communications / SERDES; modelling of Analog Systems.
- Expertise in the use of the following CAD Tools would be an advantage: Spectre Simulator, Cadence Virtuoso Schematic/Layout, Verilog-AMS, NCSIM, Mentor Calibre DRC/LVS.
- Expertise in the design of some of the following: PLLs and Oscillators, Baseband Filters, Data Converters and Power Management Blocks.
- Die-size estimation and modelling the trade-offs between functionality and die-size and package selection.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of analog design implementation impacts.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- An ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions and an understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Travel will be required, mostly to/from Adesto engineering offices, but also to our worldwide customer locations.
Adesto Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.