Senior Physical Design Engineer
Adesto’s ASIC and IP team designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. For more than 30 years, our design teams have built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise. Global end markets served by Adesto’s ASIC and IP clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Reporting to the Group Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in an experienced design team working on leading edge technologies, using state-of-the-art tools and methodologies, and implementing a broad range of designs including large hierarchical SoC.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering or a similar discipline.
- At least 8 years’ experience in physical design.
- Experience in advance node (down to 28nm) design flows including: floorplanning; place and route; clock tree synthesis; optimisation flows; parasitic extraction; static timing analysis; static and dynamic power analysis; signal integrity analysis; timing closure; physical verification; chip finishing; power-aware methodologies; mixed-signal methodologies and IP integration.
- An excellent understanding of the following: low-power designs (including UPF/CPF flows); power sign-off; DRC issues and sign-off; clock skew/balancing; timing and signal integrity issues and sign-off; design for manufacturing.
- Familiarity with Cadence tools for Physical Design is preferable.
- A good knowledge of scripting skills (e.g. Tcl).
- Technical curiosity and an understanding of the latest developments in the industry.
- A track record of successful project completion.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel will be occasionally required, mainly to and from Adesto engineering offices, but also to customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorised to work in the location for which they apply.
Adesto Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.