Senior RF Analog Mixed Signal Design Engineer
S3 Semiconductors provides our global customers with leading, advanced low-power RF, Mixed Signal, Digital and Systems Level design services, best-in-class SoC solutions and single chip RF SoC solutions. We take ownership of our customers’ challenges and customize solutions that provide high-quality, high-value offerings in a consistent and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Group Manager in the location the new candidate is hired, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in an experienced team undertaking system architecture, RF and analog design, verification and implementation of complex RF/analog/digital SoC solutions.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering,
- At least 5 years’ experience in large RF/Analog IC/SoC specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications,
- Expertise in complete IC design flows would be an advantage: RF/analog IC architecture design and modelling; IP evaluation and selection, analog/digital partitioning in mixed-signal systems; high-speed data communications / SERDES; modelling of analog systems,
- Expertise in the design of some of the following: PLLs and Oscillators, LNAs, Mixers, VGAs and baseband filters,
- Die-size estimation and modelling the trade-offs between functionality and die-size and package selection,
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of RF/analog design implementation impacts,
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies,
- An ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions and an understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Travel will be required, mostly to/from S3 Group engineering offices, but also to our worldwide customer locations,
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply.
Learn More About S3 Semiconductors
S3 Semiconductors Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.