Senior RF System Architect
Adesto’s ASIC and IP team designs and delivers Custom Mixed-Signal ASICs and IP to our customers across the globe. For more than 30 years, our design teams have built a wealth of experience and engineering expertise. Global end markets served by Adesto’s ASIC and IP clients include Connected Consumer Electronics, Wireless & Wireline Communications Infrastructure, Satellite Communications, Automotive, Industrial and IoT.
Reporting to the Group Manager in the site where the new candidate will be hired (Cork or Dublin), the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role in an experienced team undertaking RF IC system architecture, system partitioning and specification of signal processing solutions for radio systems.
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in RF IC and system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting wireless protocols, standards and customer requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Experience with different modulation and coding schemes and modelling such systems.
- Modelling radio systems using tools such as ADS, Matlab, Simulink, Python and Excel with various channel models from AWGN to Land Mobile channels with fading.
- Experience with different radio architectures such as Super-Heterodyne, Low IF, Direct Conversion, Polar Modulators, RF DAC and Discrete Time RX.
- Experience with radio line-ups and with linearity, noise and filtering trade-offs.
- Experience with radio calibration systems such as IP2 Calibration, Image Rejection Calibration, DPD, AFC, AGC and LOFT.
- Expertise in RF SoC block-level design.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
- Beneficial if have an understanding of techniques for digitally-assisted RF and analog IC design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in RF IC design concepts, methodologies and tools and willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies.
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of RF system design implementation impacts.
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel occasionally required, mostly to/from Adesto engineering offices and also to our worldwide customer locations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply.
Adesto Value Proposition
- You will work with experienced and talented professionals.
- You will work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- You will receive excellent career development prospects.
- You will receive travel and training opportunities.