REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & MARKETING
LOCATION: SANTA CLARA, CA, USA
Adesto Technologies is a leading provider of application-specific semiconductors and embedded systems that comprise the essential building blocks of Internet of Things (IoT) operating in mission critical systems worldwide. Our broad portfolio of semiconductor, embedded systems, network infrastructure and platform software are optimized for connected IoT devices used in industrial, consumer, communications and medical applications.
Description: We seek a hands on, results oriented Solutions Engineer to lead the growth for the Embedded Systems Division of Adesto Technologies. Formed through the recent acquisition of Echelon Corporation, the Embedded Systems Division’s IoT platform – consisting of communications modules, edge servers and platform software – is widely used in industrial IoT sectors such as Building Automation, Industrial Controls and Smart Cities.
The successful candidate will drive growth in our latest line of Industrial IOT edge server – SmartServer IoT – by creating creative and relevant customer and application specific solutions.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
– Architect, create and test applications for the SmartServer IoT and related products to drive customer adoption and accelerate revenue
– Help sales close projects by overcoming customer hurdles in solutions design
– Create relevant developer and integrator focused technical collateral to foster a collaborative developer community
– Hold technology-centric workshops designed to move a customer from being interested to creating solutions
– Architect, manage and deploy POCs (proof of concepts) and pilots with major customers to prove out designs and value proposition
– Create highly engaging demos for customer meetings, tradeshows and industry events
– Help engineering test features, set up test cases based on real world use, and prioritize bugs and critical issues
– Must be willing to travel 30-50%
– 5+ years of Solutions Engineering, Applications Engineering, Technical Sales, or Product Development experience
– Technical background in wireless, networking, or IOT at a systems level is required
– Experience with networking, wireless protocol and strong understanding of embedded systems is a major plus
– Experience working in sales focused roles especially jointly selling with channel partners and system integrator is a major plus
– Cross industry experience – in particular Smart Buildings and Cities, Transportation, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Smart Cities, and/ or Healthcare expertise – is a major plus
– Experience working with technical writers to create product documentation and collateral is a major plus
– Experience with collaboration and productivity tools such as Jira and Slack is a desirable
– Being self managed and results driven is a must for this job
BA/BS in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.